Te Hāroto Marae, 23-25 February, 2018
Kaupapa for our wānanga
The wānanga is to enhance the mana of Ngāti Hineuru/ Te Kopere o Hineuru, by focusing on the whāriki stored at Te Hāroto marae. We will…
• repair what whāriki we can under the guidance of experienced kairāranga (weavers)
• aim to have one completed/repaired whāriki by the end of the wānanga
• discuss the state of the whāriki with the view to suggesting possible actions for the marae trustees to consider
• engage in our reo me ōna tikanga o Ngāti Hineuru- reo Maori, karakia, whanaungatanga, wānanga i roto i te whare, kai, ngā kawa o te whare pora, poroporoaki
Friday 23 February
7pm: Mihi whakatau + kai
Karakia / whakawhanaungatanga / Whakaritenga mō te wānanga
Saturday 24 February
7am: Karakia + parakuihi
1. He korerorero- what we hope to achieve from the wānanga?
2. Whāriki no.2
3. Hei mahi- various weavers have offered their skills to share (eg. repairing whāriki, weaving
kono/kete, cutting/preparing and boiling harakeke, preparing muka/whitau)- you decide!
10.50am: Morning Tea/Break
11am: Hei mahi
1.30pm: Hei mahi
7pm: Karakia/ He wānanga ano i roto i te wharenui- Rongopai.
Sunday 25 February
8am: Karakia + parakuihi
9am: Whakapaipai marae
10am: Kōrero whakamutunga mō te wānanga (i roto I te wharenui)/ Group pic on mahau
Nau mai haere mai!
Email email@example.com to register