Kia ora Hineuru!
We are pleased to announce that our education grants and scholarships for 2019 are now open!
Here are a few points to note that will help us all to get through our applications:
- Step One: Please read through the entire application form. We get so many questions by phone and email asking for information that is contained within the form so please read it carefully.
- Step Two: Complete an application form for EACH applicant. If you have 3 tamariki, they each need an application form completed, and even if the bank account is the same, they each need their own set of supporting documentation. Also ensure you get the appropriate institutions/people to sign each application. If you need your Hineuru Registration Number please check your previous application.
- Step Three: Go through your checklist at the back of the application and ensure your can tick off each item.
- Step Four: Ensure that each application is ONE FILE. We don’t want the application form and supporting documents as separate files, they should be collated into ONE FILE. If you do not know how to do this go to your local library or places like The Warehouse Stationery who can scan your applications all together as ONE FILE. Close date is 4:00pm Monday 18th March, we do not accept late applications so get started now!
- Step Five: Wait…we have hundreds of applications each round and it is time consuming to respond to each application. We will endeavour to contact you if your application is incomplete, however, it is your responsibility to complete the application correctly. Our Trustees meet in April to make decisions on these grants and scholarships. If it is still April, please don’t call or email us, we don’t know yet and so you may not get a response. We will inform you as soon as the proper process has been completed. We also do not know the value of each grant or scholarship, this is determined by the Trustees on review of the applications.
With all of this said, we would like to thank you for your interest and taking the time to apply. This is a very important process for Hineuru Iwi Trust and we are grateful for the level of engagement that is generated.
Ka tupu, ka ora, ka rea.