Charitable Activities whitin Hineuru Trust
Hineuru Charitable Trust was set up in September 2015 to:
- Promote the education of the iwi
- Protect the natural environment within the Hineuru rohe and assist the iwi in the role of kaitiaki of the natural environment within the Hineuru rohe
- Maintain and protect places of cultural and spiritual significance to Hineuru
- Provide education for the wellbeing of the iwi community in te reo Maori, the history and culture of Hineuru
- Provide services and programmes to meet the charitable needs of members of the iwi
- Promote the administration and maintenance of Hineuru marae
- Provide any other charitable services considered by the Trust considered beneficial to the iwi
There are some exciting projects that Hineuru Charitable Trust are currently working on, including the publication of a book about Hineuru. This publication will be a treasure, detailing the Hineuru history and will tell the Hineuru story using maps, photos and be set out in a user friendly manner.
Another project that Hineuru Charitable Trust is working on is the provision of scholarships and grants to Hineuru iwi with the aspiration of supporting education ambitions of Hineuru whānau.
In an effort to promote and strengthen Hineuru tribal traditions Hineuru Charitable Trust will be holding celebratory events such as a Hineuru Day, a wānanga series and commemoration events for the 150 year anniversary of the land confiscations. These events are focused on bringing our people together for whakawhanaunga and to celebrate and revitalise all of our tribal traditions so that this knowledge is preserved and developed for all Hineuru uri.